Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Dee

Member
Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello everyone , I’m a new member here and a long-standing magician with experience in close up magic and Mentalisim . I’ve had a long break from magic as life took me in a different direction but now have found myself drawn back to it such is the lure of this fascinating discipline .

My earliest influences were Bobo’s coin magic which I studied for years along with The royal road to card magic which made a good grounding for further development , I took a keen interest and changed directions to mental magic many years ago and made a fairly decent living from cold reading under the guise of tarot reading / palmistry a subject which still fascinates me as Mentalisim and effects related to such seem to fascinate the average person .

Anyway it’s good to be here and I look forward to metting fellow magicians from all walks of life

0
Anthony Vinson

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 2,004
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome, Dee! Good to have you. I think you will find plenty of kindred spirits here. Out of curiosity, how did you hear about or discover TMF?

Av
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,128
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee
Hello everyone , I’m a new member here and a long-standing magician with experience in close up magic and Mentalisim . I’ve had a long break from magic as life took me in a different direction but now have found myself drawn back to it such is the lure of this fascinating discipline .

My earliest influences were Bobo’s coin magic which I studied for years along with The royal road to card magic which made a good grounding for further development , I took a keen interest and changed directions to mental magic many years ago and made a fairly decent living from cold reading under the guise of tarot reading / palmistry a subject which still fascinates me as Mentalisim and effects related to such seem to fascinate the average person .

Anyway it’s good to be here and I look forward to meeting fellow magicians from all walks of life



Hi Dee,

I'm so glad that you joined us and that you took a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

There are lots a friendly and knowledgeable guys who hang out around here. 

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Take care,

Rudy



__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Dee

Member
Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you very much Rudy I appreciate that , that’s one thing I always loved about magicians as in how knowledgeable most are on subject
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,128
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Vinson
Welcome, Dee! Good to have you. I think you will find plenty of kindred spirits here. Out of curiosity, how did you hear about or discover TMF?

Av


That's a great question, Anthony. I'm never quite sure how folks find us.

Rudy

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Dee

Member
Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Anthony , thanks a lot for the welcome . I was browsing on the I pad during down time and was thinking I wouldn’t mind joining an online magicians forum , I put those words into the search bar and here I am , I think it must be that particular word “forum “ that worked its magic
0
Anthony Vinson

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 2,004
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee
Hi Anthony , thanks a lot for the welcome . I was browsing on the I pad during down time and was thinking I wouldn’t mind joining an online magicians forum , I put those words into the search bar and here I am , I think it must be that particular word “forum “ that worked its magic


Cool. As Rudy wrote above, we're not always certain how folks find us, and I think it's a question we should ask more often. Thanks for responding.

Av
0
ChefDon

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #8 
Welcome and I hope  you enjoy participating here at TMF!  [wave]

Don

__________________
Don
0
Dee

Member
Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you very much Don
0
Wayne T

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 263
Reply with quote  #10 
Welcome Dee, I see good things in your future here with us.[rofl]
__________________
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C. Clarke
0
Dee

Member
Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks a lot Wayne , I love that Arthur C Clarke quote
0
Dave Campbell

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 147
Reply with quote  #12 
Welcome to the forum, Dee, and welcome back to magic!
__________________

-=Dave
0
Dee

Member
Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you very much Dave
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.