Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,148
Reply with quote  #1 

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
AlexStrand

Avatar / Picture

Moderator - Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 316
Reply with quote  #2 
Here is something I thought of after we spoke, on Skype:

If you use the "the joker is a wild card" patter, you could do the routine, which ends up leaving the spectator card between the sandwich, but also leaves the joker on the top of the deck. 

Table or spread in hands to the kings and remove the sandwiched selection. Square the deck into the left hand, ready for a top change. Flash that the joker has "turned into the selection, because it is wild!" and perform a top change. 

You could then say "but remember, it was a wild card and if we wait a moment, the effect will wear off..." flip over to reveal it has returned to the original joker. [biggrin]



__________________
 
0
Harry Lorayne

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,129
Reply with quote  #3 
   Well done, Rudy. Yeah, I've been told about the stupidity on the Tragic Café about my One-Eyed Jack Sandwich. More and more reason for me thinking about not going back there at all.

    Just my opinion but I think taking it that step farther - the top change - may take a bit away from the basic strength of the trick.
0
mark lewis

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,169
Reply with quote  #4 
Harry. If you do go back to the Magic Cafe I think a sound strategy is the second someone says something derogatory about you and  your work, count up to ten, bite  your tongue (or should I say your typing fingers), come back here and report it (providing a link if you know how to do it-if not don't worry-we'll find it) and rely on the members here to defend you. Let others do the dirty work but say nothing yourself. I believe this strategy will be ten times more effective. Just my opinion.
0
mark lewis

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,169
Reply with quote  #5 
I remember doing this trick years ago with a very strange patter line since I have a very strange personality. I would finish the trick by saying, "how did you know that the card you took was the card you took before you took the card that you took?" I would only say this after I knew the effect had sunk in.
0
mark lewis

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,169
Reply with quote  #6 
I won't post a link to it as I remember what happened last time but I do have to tell you that I have seen a you tube "tutorial" of your one eyed gambler trick as well as a similar thing with your "foursome" trick. Your name is credited but I don't necessarily think that will make you any happier. Young guys obviously and one of them said he was at school. And for all I know it may be the same guy. I suppose it is a compliment to you although you may not see it that way. Alas this appears to be the way of the modern world and I don't like it any more than I suspect you do.
0
Harry Lorayne

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,129
Reply with quote  #7 
   No problem at the moment, Mark, 'cause I'm not thinking of going back there.  Difficult for me, 'cause by the time I reach five or six, my anger takes over. Nature of the beast.
0
mark lewis

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,169
Reply with quote  #8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lorayne
   No problem at the moment, Mark, 'cause I'm not thinking of going back there.  Difficult for me, 'cause by the time I reach five or six, my anger takes over. Nature of the beast.

 

That was funny! In that case you should let us know before you start counting!

0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,148
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark lewis
Harry. If you do go back to the Magic Cafe I think a sound strategy is the second someone says something derogatory about you and  your work, count up to ten, bite  your tongue (or should I say your typing fingers), come back here and report it (providing a link if you know how to do it-if not don't worry-we'll find it) and rely on the members here to defend you. Let others do the dirty work but say nothing yourself. I believe this strategy will be ten times more effective. Just my opinion.


It seems pointless to argue with some of the folks over there. I truly believe that some of them just really enjoy provoking people into meaningless arguments. To try and reason with them is an exercise in frustration.

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Harry Lorayne

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,129
Reply with quote  #10 
   One of the best examples of that is the TonyB209 (or something like that) idiot that made me angry enough to get banned - which seems to be ending up a good thing!  I think I talked about it at about the time this forum started, but darned if I know how to find it.
0
wbausert

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 222
Reply with quote  #11 
Loved your video of One Eye Jacks Sandwich! I've got to dig that one up.
0
magicfish

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,301
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy Tinoco


It seems pointless to argue with some of the folks over there. I truly believe that some of them just really enjoy provoking people into meaningless arguments. To try and reason with them is an exercise in frustration.

Looks great Rudy. Well done.

And you're right, there is no reasoning with them and it is frustrating. Thank goodness (and you) for The Magician's Forum.
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,148
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbausert
Loved your video of One Eye Jacks Sandwich! I've got to dig that one up.


Thanks Warren!!

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,148
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfish

Looks great Rudy. Well done.

And you're right, there is no reasoning with them and it is frustrating. Thank goodness (and you) for The Magician's Forum.


Thanks Magicfish! I appreciate your kind words. I think that it's an awesome trick!
Those who choose not to use it are missing out.

Hope you're doing well!

Rudy


__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
tommyellison

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 271
Reply with quote  #15 
Nice plot, Rudy. I love this trick too but I sometimes use a script like this....

"Hey guys, you know I am a magician but as you can tell from looking at Herculean-like frame, I am no "flat-belly" magician like David Copperfield or Lance Burton.

Saying that, I have always wanted to perform the "Houdini Metamorphosis trunk" trick but cannot find a box large enough for me to get in..... It seems Pianos no longer come in crates like the use to... [RIMSHOT] Speaking of pianos....A piano walks into a bar after closing hours. Bartender says, “Hey, who gave you the keys?”  [GROAN]

You think thats bad.....A chicken walks into a bar and ask for a drink. The bartended says “Hey, we don't serve chickens here - Try the bar across the street!”  [2nd GROAN]

Now you know why I lost my job as a comedian and starting doing card tricks.....

Anyway, I have discovered a way to simulate the "Houdini Metamorphosis trunk" using a deck of cards....

The Queen of Hearts is the lovely assistant and she will be placed in the box represented by the deck of cards.... You will also note the handcuffs restraining her movement... (two black eights look like handcuffs)

Here I am, the King of Hearts - watch me leap deftly onto the top of the box.... Now I pull the magic curtain into place to hide me from view for a brief second (Cut the cards) and Presto! What do we find has happened...... The Lovely assistant (QH) is now on top of the box and (Spread deck to show KH between the 8's) .....  While I am trapped in the box wearing the handcuffs!  Eat your Heart out Houdini!

ALTERNATE ENDING:

Here I am, the King of Hearts - watch me leap deftly onto the top of the box.... Now I pull the magic curtain into place to hide me from view for a brief second (Cut the cards) and Presto! What do we find has happened...... (Spread deck to show KH between the 8's) .....  I am trapped in the box wearing the handcuffs.... and the Lovely assistant (QH) comes running down the aisle from the back of the theater  to join me on the stage. (Palm top card and Pull from trouser pockets....     Eat your Heart out Houdini!

Use it or loose it.....

Tommy




__________________
"Why use a large word when you can use a diminutive one instead?"    -Rob Zabrecky

"Great spirits always encounter massive resistance from mediocre minds."   - Albert Einstein

"Consensus Kills Momentum" -Tommy Ellison

http://www.tommyellisonmagic.com
0
MagicBrian

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 108
Reply with quote  #16 
Amazing job, Rudy! I've watched it several times and can't figure it out either, and to me, that's the true test of an effect's strength. Having a hard time finding the book on magic shop sites and Amazon (apparently volume 1 is hard to get) but I'm definitely looking for it to add to the collection. 

And Tommy, as usual, it's your patter that makes the trick fun. It's always a blast watching you perform!

__________________
Brian

BrianReaves.net
Facebook.com/brianreavesmagic
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,148
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBrian
Amazing job, Rudy! I've watched it several times and can't figure it out either, and to me, that's the true test of an effect's strength. Having a hard time finding the book on magic shop sites and Amazon (apparently volume 1 is hard to get) but I'm definitely looking for it to add to the collection. 

And Tommy, as usual, it's your patter that makes the trick fun. It's always a blast watching you perform!


I'm glad that you like it, Brian! I really do believe that it's a great trick.

You can get "My Favorite Card Tricks" from http://www.harryloraynemagic.com in PDF form. It's only $9.99!

Take care,

Rudy

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,148
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyellison
Nice plot, Rudy. I love this trick too but I sometimes use a script like this....

"Hey guys, you know I am a magician but as you can tell from looking at Herculean-like frame, I am no "flat-belly" magician like David Copperfield or Lance Burton.

Saying that, I have always wanted to perform the "Houdini Metamorphosis trunk" trick but cannot find a box large enough for me to get in..... It seems Pianos no longer come in crates like the use to... [RIMSHOT] Speaking of pianos....A piano walks into a bar after closing hours. Bartender says, “Hey, who gave you the keys?”  [GROAN]

You think thats bad.....A chicken walks into a bar and ask for a drink. The bartended says “Hey, we don't serve chickens here - Try the bar across the street!”  [2nd GROAN]

Now you know why I lost my job as a comedian and starting doing card tricks.....

Anyway, I have discovered a way to simulate the "Houdini Metamorphosis trunk" using a deck of cards....

The Queen of Hearts is the lovely assistant and she will be placed in the box represented by the deck of cards.... You will also note the handcuffs restraining her movement... (two black eights look like handcuffs)

Here I am, the King of Hearts - watch me leap deftly onto the top of the box.... Now I pull the magic curtain into place to hide me from view for a brief second (Cut the cards) and Presto! What do we find has happened...... The Lovely assistant (QH) is now on top of the box and (Spread deck to show KH between the 8's) .....  While I am trapped in the box wearing the handcuffs!  Eat your Heart out Houdini!

ALTERNATE ENDING:

Here I am, the King of Hearts - watch me leap deftly onto the top of the box.... Now I pull the magic curtain into place to hide me from view for a brief second (Cut the cards) and Presto! What do we find has happened...... (Spread deck to show KH between the 8's) .....  I am trapped in the box wearing the handcuffs.... and the Lovely assistant (QH) comes running down the aisle from the back of the theater  to join me on the stage. (Palm top card and Pull from trouser pockets....     Eat your Heart out Houdini!

Use it or loose it.....

Tommy



Tommy, what a fun and creative presentation! I particularly like your alternate ending.

Thanks for sharing this...I'm going to use it [smile]

Rudy 

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Paul Silk

Member
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #19 
Ruddy That was a great Idear thank you Sir
0
Paul Silk

Member
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lorayne
   Well done, Rudy. Yeah, I've been told about the stupidity on the Tragic Café about my One-Eyed Jack Sandwich. More and more reason for me thinking about not going back there at all.

    Just my opinion but I think taking it that step farther - the top change - may take a bit away from the basic strength of the trick.
0
Paul Silk

Member
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #21 
LIsten to harry Don't ad Anthing it So good as it Is.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.