Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Magic-Aly

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 613
Reply with quote  #1 
It was short, it was sweet, and filled with strong material and excellent tips for performing for people (Do's and Don'ts). Thank you Steve and Rudy for making this wonderful event possible.

I have been on the lookout for years to either find or create a great Blackjack effect.  My search ended today, with the second effect Steve performed ("Jackmutation"). It was a brilliant idea to combine Dr. Daly's Last Trick with a knock-out Blackjack finish that truly has an emotional hook for the spectator, as opposed to the traditional strong, yet predictable ending, with the typical spotlight on the magician's skill.  Most people associate cards with card games, such as Poker and Blackjack, and are turned off by garden variety "pick a card" location effects. This is a real winner and is going immediately into my working repertoire.

Thanks again!

0
Mike Powers

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,679
Reply with quote  #2 
Nice job Steve! Very practical stuff. I have only done one on one Skype sessions before. Is a lot of interaction possible with the system used here?

Mike
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,197
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Powers
Nice job Steve! Very practical stuff. I have only done one on one Skype sessions before. Is a lot of interaction possible with the system used here?

Mike


Hi Mike,

It was great to see you at the lecture!

Yes, there is a lot of interaction that can happen.

Up to 10 people can be on that call at once talking to each other.

Let me know if you want to have a quick Video meeting so I can demonstrate it for you.

Take care,

Rudy

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Mike Sturgeon

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you Steve for putting on such a wonderful lecture.  Great strong magic and lots of valuable performing and magic structure nuggets.  You couldn't take three steps without tripping over something of great value.  the lecture was short and sweet and nonstop.  I pity the hapless guy who had to take a quick 5 minutes for a potty break. (grin)  Boy!  Did he (alright, me) lose out.  I loved the effects but I really loved the theory and presentation tips. Man!  What a gold mine.

Special thanks and kudos also go to Rudy Tinoco for all the coordination and the logistics required to put this event on.  It was a very valuable lecture which would not have been possible without Rudy's dedication and his great reverence and unbridled love of magic.  Way to go Rudy!

Mike

__________________
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,197
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sturgeon
Thank you Steve for putting on such a wonderful lecture.  Great strong magic and lots of valuable performing and magic structure nuggets.  You couldn't take three steps without tripping over something of great value.  the lecture was short and sweet and nonstop.  I pity the hapless guy who had to take a quick 5 minutes for a potty break. (grin)  Boy!  Did he (alright, me) lose out.  I loved the effects but I really loved the theory and presentation tips. Man!  What a gold mine.

Special thanks and kudos also go to Rudy Tinoco for all the coordination and the logistics required to put this event on.  It was a very valuable lecture which would not have been possible without Rudy's dedication and his great reverence and unbridled love of magic.  Way to go Rudy!

Mike


Thanks Mike! I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the three Steve's who gave their time to us...

Steve Reynolds, Steven Youell and Steve Friedberg!!

Rudy

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
StevePR104

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 259
Reply with quote  #6 
...all made possible by Steve Tinoco.  (You gotta join the club, right?)
0
Rudy Tinoco

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,197
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePR104
...all made possible by Steve Tinoco.  (You gotta join the club, right?)


Hahaha!!

__________________
http://www.facebook.com/magicrudy
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.