Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
rready

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 766
Reply with quote  #1 
Displaying thumbnail of video Overhand false shuffles
0
rready

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 766
Reply with quote  #2 
0
Anthony Vinson

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,178
Reply with quote  #3 
Nice job. My favorite full deck false shuffle is the Optical Shuffle. Simple, and if performed casually, deceptive. For stock control I prefer the overhand Lift Shuffle.

Av
0
rready

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 766
Reply with quote  #4 
I'll have to take a look at that one, thank you Anthony.
0
KenTheriot

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,242
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Vinson
Nice job. My favorite full deck false shuffle is the Optical Shuffle. Simple, and if performed casually, deceptive. For stock control I prefer the overhand Lift Shuffle.

Av


Anthony, where can I find a source for the Optical Shuffle you mention here?
0
Anthony Vinson

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,178
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTheriot


Anthony, where can I find a source for the Optical Shuffle you mention here?


Giobbi covers the basics in Card College, Volume 2, pp 260-261. 

Av
0
Robin Dawes

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,658
Reply with quote  #7 
I use Dan Garrett's Underhanded Overhand Shuffle.  It's in several of his lecture notes (see Conjuring Archive for a great list of false shuffles and sources)
0
Anthony Vinson

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,178
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Dawes
I use Dan Garrett's Underhanded Overhand Shuffle.  It's in several of his lecture notes (see Conjuring Archive for a great list of false shuffles and sources)


Bob Farmer recently provided a description, with Dan's permission, but I haven't been able to spend enough time to work thorough the awkwardness. Reads like a cool shuffle!

Av 
0
Harry Lorayne

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,284
Reply with quote  #9 

     All good. I'd certainly include a basic overhand injog shuffle. That's the one I use most often. And, to keep one card on top, you might want to check out my Status Quo Shuffle.
0
Alan Smithee

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 371
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Vinson


Bob Farmer recently provided a description, with Dan's permission, but I haven't been able to spend enough time to work thorough the awkwardness. Reads like a cool shuffle!

Av 


Have a look here.

https://www.themagiciansforum.com/post/what-trick-or-sleight-are-you-practicing-at-the-moment-8148219?highlight=underhand+false+shuffle
0
Anthony Vinson

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,178
Reply with quote  #11 


Thanks for that! I should've thought to post a link after mentioning it. It really does read like a cool shuffle. 

Av
0
Paco Nagata

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 260
Reply with quote  #12 
Very good compilation rready.
The best point of it is that you did it without looking at the cards. That make it even more deceptive.
You've made us to saved time on looking for some good ways to do false overhand shuffles. Thank you!

__________________
"The Passion of an Amateur Card Magician" https://bit.ly/2lXdO2O
"La pasion de un cartómago aficionado" https://bit.ly/2kkjpjn
Latest erratum corrections and improvements update, 16/06/2020
0
rready

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 766
Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you Paco. That was one of my earliest you tube video's. I think it was Steven Youell who gave me some good tips. Stay in one place, don't move around, and don't lick your fingers. Since then I took his advice. 
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.