Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Heartistry

Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all.

I live in Sydney, Australia. I'm a lifelong magic and mentalism lover, though it was only after my adult kids bought me 2 magic lessons for my birthday 4 years ago that I've become an avid student of the art and have been performing for family, friends and business colleagues.

My other artistic passion is writing. I'm a thriller writer and my 5th novel is scheduled for release in 2021 - the villain is an assassin skilled in magic - although my editor persuaded me to cut the scenes that, sadly and incidentally, contained the best effects.

Looking forward to participating in this Forum.

__________________
http://www.JohnMGreen.net
0
luigimar

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,568
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome to TMF John! I hope you have a great time around here...

Chi Han and Gareth (among others) also live in Australia and are active TMF members so maybe you want to get in touch with them as well. 

Don't forget to check all around TMF and maybe soon we will have a (Zoom) Saturday Session where you can get to know some TMF members and get to see some magic from around the world...



__________________
Luigimar
Magic is Within...
0
Magic Harry

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 351
Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome to the Forum. Would your books be known here in the US.
Magic Harry

__________________
Harry Damareck
0
RayJ

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,467
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome John! I clicked onto your website and found out more about your books. Very impressive.
0
Paco Nagata

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 328
Reply with quote  #5 
With your talent you could write a book about magic in a few months to differ from me (25 years!).

My welcome from Spain!

__________________
"The Passion of an Amateur Card Magician" https://bit.ly/2lXdO2O
"La pasion de un cartómago aficionado" https://bit.ly/2kkjpjn
Latest erratum corrections and improvements update, 16/06/2020
0
Marco Batista

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 32
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi John,

Welcome to the group, I am glad you joined TMF :-)

Besides card magic, my other great passion is reading, which is something in which I find GREAT pleasure.


Marco
0
Heartistry

Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigimar
Welcome to TMF John! I hope you have a great time around here...

Chi Han and Gareth (among others) also live in Australia and are active TMF members so maybe you want to get in touch with them as well. 

Don't forget to check all around TMF and maybe soon we will have a (Zoom) Saturday Session where you can get to know some TMF members and get to see some magic from around the world...



Thanks so much, Luigimar

__________________
http://www.JohnMGreen.net
0
Heartistry

Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Batista
Hi John,

Welcome to the group, I am glad you joined TMF :-)

Besides card magic, my other great passion is reading, which is something in which I find GREAT pleasure.


Marco

Thank you, Marco. I’ve learnt by observation that so many lovers of magic are great readers - and great rememberers! The classic texts are full of gems to be rediscovered.

__________________
http://www.JohnMGreen.net
0
Heartistry

Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco Nagata
With your talent you could write a book about magic in a few months to differ from me (25 years!).

My welcome from Spain!

Thanks Paco. In fact, my next novel is set in Spain, in Barcelona, one of my favorite cities.

__________________
http://www.JohnMGreen.net
0
Heartistry

Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJ
Welcome John! I clicked onto your website and found out more about your books. Very impressive.

Thanks Ray. That’s very kind of you. I’ve been clicking around TMF and it’s even more impressive! Great to be here. John

__________________
http://www.JohnMGreen.net
0
Heartistry

Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Harry
Welcome to the Forum. Would your books be known here in the US.
Magic Harry

Hi Harry. Thanks so much for your welcome, and for asking. My books are available in the US in ebook format on iBooks and Kindle. Cheers, John

__________________
http://www.JohnMGreen.net
0
SamtheNotasBadasIWas

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 335
Reply with quote  #12 
Hello! [smile]
__________________
O' what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive! - Sir Walter Scott
0
Matt G

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 126
Reply with quote  #13 
A warm welcome from the USA!

PS I quite like your username 😉
0
Gareth

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,016
Reply with quote  #14 
G’day from Tassie John. Glad you’re here.
0
John Cowne

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 387
Reply with quote  #15 
And a g’day from Wilberforce, NSW, John. I made an annual trip to Hey Presto magic shop last week. Such fun, even though it dented my budget. I have found so much valuable advice on TMF - it really keeps me energised in my magic practice and experimentation. It’s a place where serendipity occurs more than the norm.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.