Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
BZStuff

Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm looking for a everyday carry wallet that can still act as my normal wallet. That means that I don't want it to be too fragile or too big.

I also love my magic to have a visual aspect to it so any wallets with some sort of eye candy built in would be nice.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance! [smile]
0
RayJ

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,003
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZStuff
I'm looking for a everyday carry wallet that can still act as my normal wallet. That means that I don't want it to be too fragile or too big.

I also love my magic to have a visual aspect to it so any wallets with some sort of eye candy built in would be nice.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance! [smile]


You haven't told us whether you want a 'peek wallet', a 'Himber wallet' or a 'card to wallet' wallet.

A good start is the Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet.

Reach out to Anthony Miller, who has forgotten more about magic wallets than most folks know.

https://www.rfaproductions.com/home.html
0
Dave Campbell

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 735
Reply with quote  #3 
Good suggestion by Ray... I've gone down that rabbit hole a bit. A good himber wallet can do a lot for you, but would be a tough sell as a daily carry. I have a Real Man's Wallet -- and would say that was sound advice!
__________________

-=Dave=-
0
RayJ

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,003
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
Good suggestion by Ray... I've gone down that rabbit hole a bit. A good himber wallet can do a lot for you, but would be a tough sell as a daily carry. I have a Real Man's Wallet -- and would say that was sound advice!


Thanks Dave, hope the OP appears again to see your comments.
0
BZStuff

Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJ


You haven't told us whether you want a 'peek wallet', a 'Himber wallet' or a 'card to wallet' wallet.

A good start is the Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet.

Reach out to Anthony Miller, who has forgotten more about magic wallets than most folks know.

https://www.rfaproductions.com/home.html


Sorry should've been more specific. I'm kinda looking for one with both, like an all in one kinda wallet - not sure if there are many that are practical though. But if there aren't, and even if there are, I'm definitely considering the Real Man's Wallet. Thanks!

0
RayJ

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,003
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZStuff


Sorry should've been more specific. I'm kinda looking for one with both, like an all in one kinda wallet - not sure if there are many that are practical though. But if there aren't, and even if there are, I'm definitely considering the Real Man's Wallet. Thanks!



No problem!  Here is one that seems to get good reviews.  It can accomplish a lot due to the fact that it has the Himber feature as well as card-to-wallet.

https://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=WA3536
0
Mike Powers

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,546
Reply with quote  #7 
Another vote for the Real Man's Wallet.

I believe that Tony sold the rights to Murphys.

You should be able to get one from many of the magic dealers. Not sure if Tony sells it any longer? I don't see it on his site.

Mike
0
Jack Deschain

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 64
Reply with quote  #8 
Tony now only sells the Speed Loader version of the Real Man's Wallet as far as I know. It's different in a few small but important ways. The ID window is on the opposite side for example.

The prices of each are also miles apart but Tony always makes a great product.
0
Daniel Young

Member
Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #9 
As voiced above, it depends a bit on what you want it to do. I made the Espionage Wallet, which does a lot of stuff. But in recent years, I find that wallets are better if they only do a couple of things.

I find business card wallets to be suitable for professional gigs, but a bit weird to carry around daily for example. And I don't like using wallets in professional environments. But this is from a mentalism point of view.

If you want it as an everyday wallet, the question is "Do you carry cash?" A lot of people these days just use cards.
0
RayJ

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,003
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Young
As voiced above, it depends a bit on what you want it to do. I made the Espionage Wallet, which does a lot of stuff. But in recent years, I find that wallets are better if they only do a couple of things.

I find business card wallets to be suitable for professional gigs, but a bit weird to carry around daily for example. And I don't like using wallets in professional environments. But this is from a mentalism point of view.

If you want it as an everyday wallet, the question is "Do you carry cash?" A lot of people these days just use cards.


And along with this line of thinking, there are a host of options you can consider, one of which is possibly using a money clip for your cash and keeping that separate.  Another is to consider putting the wallet in your front pocket if your trousers accommodate that.  With tight jeans, maybe not.  

Keeping a wallet in the front will cause it to last a lot longer than the rear pocket where you sit on it repeatedly causing it to stretch.  Another thing is to exercise restraint and not load the wallet up like George Costanza.  Not a good look when you take the wallet out and six weeks of grocery lists are hanging out.
0
GregB

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 148
Reply with quote  #11 
This probably isn't what you're looking for as its just for Card to Wallet but I use it as my every day wallet as well

https://www.patrickkun.com/products/cardtowallet

The Quiver Wallet is made out of pretty nice leather and it looks really stylish in my opinion
0
BZStuff

Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #12 
I've decided to just stick to card to wallet but I'm torn between getting the Real Man's Wallet or the Card to Wallet by Quiver or possibly the Espionage Wallet. Apart from the obvious price differences are the any other reasons for picking either one (and yes I do still carry cash).
0
Dave Campbell

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 735
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Young
As voiced above, it depends a bit on what you want it to do. I made the Espionage Wallet, which does a lot of stuff. But in recent years, I find that wallets are better if they only do a couple of things.

I find business card wallets to be suitable for professional gigs, but a bit weird to carry around daily for example. And I don't like using wallets in professional environments. But this is from a mentalism point of view.

If you want it as an everyday wallet, the question is "Do you carry cash?" A lot of people these days just use cards.


I have the Espionage Wallet and like the heck out of it, but didn't mention it because I wasn't sure what all the poster had in mind.

__________________

-=Dave=-
0
Daniel Young

Member
Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #14 
I like Real Man's Wallet, I think it looks simple and its impossible for the audience to work out how you got it into the window in that shut compartment. The issue with it used to be with £20 notes (or 50s for that matter) would stick up over the top, as its designed for american money which is more narrow. I wonder if thats still the case now that we have new 20s here?

The Quiver wallet I can't speak for as I haven worked with it at all. It looks good. The wallet looks modern.

The Espionage, obviously my baby 😉 But, if its for card to wallet, I think there are better wallets out there. Espionage wasn't designed as a card to wallet, but as a peek wallet, and by working it backwards you can use the same feature to achieve a card to wallet. I used to use it with the wallet on the table from the beginning. and loading it in the open, so to speak. Which was quite neat.

Another sexy wallet would be Gerard Kearney's Rebel Wallet, again a modern and simplistic look. but that's just a card to wallet.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.