Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
magicfish

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 1,373
Reply with quote  #1 


0
synapse

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 52
Reply with quote  #2 
Nice sleight dude!
0
synapse

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 52
Reply with quote  #3 
I'm a big fan of the Hermann pass and the different covers for it - the midnight shift was my favourite of the ones Jason England taught on his Hermann Pass 1 on 1 download. Although you shot head on, in actual performance do you turn to the side sleightly (sorry) to cover the move a little more?
0
Mike Powers

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,832
Reply with quote  #4 
Nice job!

The Marlo "End Tap Pass" is also a nice way of covering what can be a tell that "something happened." The Marlo variant needs a table, though. It's nice when you're sitting. The Draun method is ITH.

Mike
0
Claudio

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 281
Reply with quote  #5 
The Marlo End Tap Pass is nice and can be adapted to an ITH handling.

I shot this handling from the worst viewpoint and performed it rather slowly, otherwise it the video comes out as just a blur [frown]
Not a great handling but gives an idea how it deceptive it could be.

0
Mike Powers

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,832
Reply with quote  #6 
It looks very good Claudio. Sort of a squaring action - first at the outer edge, then along the side. 

Mike
0
synapse

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 52
Reply with quote  #7 
If you are Greg Wilson you don't need a table - you just use your leg instead! lol
0
trinimontes

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 279
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Powers
Nice job!

The Marlo "End Tap Pass" is also a nice way of covering what can be a tell that "something happened." The Marlo variant needs a table, though. It's nice when you're sitting. The Draun method is ITH.

Mike


Mike,
This can also be performed with no table by using the thigh.



Trini

Edit:
I just noticed the post just above mine referencing this idea. My apologies


0
Sam Slaven

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 70
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfish
https://youtu.be/9SUkeAMDn6g


Well done, Magicfish.  

If any of you are looking to learn this move it's described in Richard Kaufman's Secrets Draun from the Underground. It's described on page 37. Originally, it was published in Richard's Almanac - the 1984 Winter Extra edition.

__________________
Sam
0
Steven Youell

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 797
Reply with quote  #10 
I know this is distracting but I almost did another spit take.
I thought is was so funny that I couldn't pass up posting it.
After viewing the video, here's what it looked like:

Tap.PNG


__________________
 
0
Steven Youell

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 797
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinimontes
Mike, This can also be performed with no table by using the thigh.

Why would anyone do that? I don't even think that would square the cards.

No disrespect to anyone in this thread, but I don't see why anyone would want to do a End Tap Pass ITH? The motion looks contrive to me, but I've seen many people do similar things.

These are honest questions-- I would like to understand the reasoning. Don't mean to offend anyone.

__________________
 
0
synapse

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 52
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Youell

Why would anyone do that? I don't even think that would square the cards.

No disrespect to anyone in this thread, but I don't see why anyone would want to do a End Tap Pass ITH? The motion looks contrive to me, but I've seen many people do similar things.

These are honest questions-- I would like to understand the reasoning. Don't mean to offend anyone.


I suppose for the movement of the arm and thigh to cover the pass. Doing it on the thigh because you don't have a table? Maybe to a layman if you have to square the deck using your thigh you appear less skilled and there is a Lennart Green style thing where you don't appear to have complete control of the cards. These are just guesses - if I do the Hermann pass then I use the Midnight Shift cover.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.