REVIEW: The Glasgow Connection by Eddie McColl and RSVP Magic
RATING: 9.5 out of 10
LINK TO REVIEW: http://straighttalkmagicreviews.com/?p=1621
Before this DVD, I had never heard of Eddie McColl. Now, I am a huge fan and admirer of his unbelievable sleight of hand and great presentation.
This DVD presents nine routines, all of which are very impressive and many are magician foolers. I will not mislead you that this is not beginner friendly work. These are not self-working tricks and in order to be adept at these tricks, it will require most magicians to practice, practice, practice. In fact, I think that when I catch up to McColl, I will have “arrived.”
Brief descriptions of the routine are listed below in the ad copy, which is pasted for your convenience.
The ad copy states:
“Eddie McColl is one of magic's best kept secrets. This DVD features 9 superb routines that will blow your audience away, with material that you will use.
The bonus Toolbox Section also features in-depth training for some of Eddie's signature handlings on the moves used throughout this DVD.
"His methods are ingenious."
- ROY WALTON
"I've seen him perform for laymen and magicians with devastating effect."
- GORDON BRUCE
"The best kept secret in Europe."
- PAUL CUMMINS
"This man crushed me with his unbelievable sleight of hand."
- ROBERT MORELAND
"He shuffles cards naturally with an incredible soft touch."
- DAVID SOLOMON
1. Ginsburg Aces - 4 Aces are produced from a shuffled deck using the Ginsburg Poke.
2. Impossible Location - The deck is shuffled by the spectator, and a card that is looked at is found in an impossible way.
3. Merlin's Lost Ace Trick or McColl's Lost Aces - A very direct 4 Ace Assembly.
4. 2 Card to Pocket Transposition or Bold 2 Card to Pocket Transposition - A combination of Card to Pocket with two selections and the classic transposition.
5. Stabbed - The classic stab effect using another card, not a knife.
6. Triple Location or Bold Triple Location - 3 cards lost in a shuffled deck are found in an impossible manner.
7. Travellers or Bold Travellers - The classic Vernon Travellers effect, all from one palm.
8. Shuffle Trap - An impossible two card transposition using riffle shuffles.
9. No Rollover Aces - 4 Aces are found from a shuffled deck -- not just the Aces, but four royal flushes as well.”
McColl performs each trick to spectators at a table and then explains and teaches the method. There is also a “toolbox” section which teaches the moves you need to deploy to master McColl’s tricks. The production quality of this project is very good and I have no complaints about the presentation or organization.
I really enjoyed being fooled and admiring pure skill and that is why I highly recommend this DVD.
Thanks to Murphy’s Magic for asking me to review this excellent product.