Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Lee Lee

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello, sorry if my question is too elementary. Is there any planned for session this week? Also, could someone can tell me how to subscribe for this? Still hard to get used in this site 😭
0
RayJ

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,003
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Hello, sorry if my question is too elementary. Is there any planned for session this week? Also, could someone can tell me how to subscribe for this? Still hard to get used in this site 😭


Lee Lee, first of all, welcome to the forum!  Glad you found us.  

Your question is a fine one to ask.  As far as I know there hasn't been any announcement about specific plans, but sometimes it happens spontaneously.

Keep your eyes peeled!  I'm sure that by starting the topic you'll get the juices flowing and someone will set up a session.

If you haven't yet, please take the time to go to the introduction area and post some information about yourself.  It helps begin the process of getting to know you better.

Welcome!
0
Chi Han

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,084
Reply with quote  #3 
I'll definitely host one if Rudy isn't planning too.  Shall we make it 2pm PST Sunday as per usual?
0
Lee Lee

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Han
I'll definitely host one if Rudy isn't planning too.  Shall we make it 2pm PST Sunday as per usual?


2p.m pst sunday to Korea time is 6 a.m monday...😭 Is it possible to change other time?
0
Chi Han

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,084
Reply with quote  #5 
Would 4pm PST work?
0
Lee Lee

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Han
Would 4pm PST work?


I go to work at monday 7:30...sorry 😰 How about 2p.m pst saturday?
0
luigimar

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,605
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Han
I'll definitely host one if Rudy isn't planning too.  Shall we make it 2pm PST Sunday as per usual?


Chi Han,

The sessions are usually on Saturday at 2 (which is your Sunday I believe), did you mean 2 PM PST Saturday?


__________________
Luigimar
Magic is Within...
0
Chi Han

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,084
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigimar


Chi Han,

The sessions are usually on Saturday at 2 (which is your Sunday I believe), did you mean 2 PM PST Saturday?



Whoops, that's what I meant. 4pm PST on Saturday (it's usually Sunday morning for me). Would that work?
0
Rudy Tinoco

Avatar / Picture

Founding Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,798
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Hello, sorry if my question is too elementary. Is there any planned for session this week? Also, could someone can tell me how to subscribe for this? Still hard to get used in this site 😭


Hi Lee Lee,

I’m glad that you asked this question and that ChiHan is willing to host a Saturday session.

We’re in the midst of a series of lectures, so I haven’t scheduled Saturday Sessions for June. Once these lectures are over, I will begin to schedule our online gatherings on a more regular basis. Go to the section titled “The Saturday Sessions”, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the “subscribe” button. When you do that, you will be notified when I announce a session.

Please don’t be afraid to ask me questions about how to navigate the forum. I don’t want it to be difficult for you enjoy this place :)

Welcome!!

Rudy


__________________
www.youtube.com/themagiciansforum
http://www.facebook.com/themagiciansforum
0
Lee Lee

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy Tinoco


Hi Lee Lee,

I’m glad that you asked this question and that ChiHan is willing to host a Saturday session.

We’re in the midst of a series of lectures, so I haven’t scheduled Saturday Sessions for June. Once these lectures are over, I will begin to schedule our online gatherings on a more regular basis. Go to the section titled “The Saturday Sessions”, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the “subscribe” button. When you do that, you will be notified when I announce a session.

Please don’t be afraid to ask me questions about how to navigate the forum. I don’t want it to be difficult for you enjoy this place :)

Welcome!!

Rudy



Thank yiu sir, I'll look forward for that
0
Lee Lee

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Han


Whoops, that's what I meant. 4pm PST on Saturday (it's usually Sunday morning for me). Would that work?


Yes, I can do it. How can I join the session?
0
luigimar

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,605
Reply with quote  #12 
Chi Han will post the Zoom link close to the appointed time (he already said the session will be at 2pm PST Saturday so expect the link to be posted on Friday or early Saturday morning; depending on your time zone this could be as late as Saturday morning-evening to Early Sunday if you are around Chi Han's time zone in Australia), so you need to be checking this post and whenever he writes it, just follow it and you'll be there. Remember that you need to have the Zoom client software on your computer/cell phone/tablet in order to join the session. If you don't have it already, you can install it before the Saturday Session so you don't waste time getting it while the session is already taking place. 

Here's the link to get the software...

https://zoom.us/download




__________________
Luigimar
Magic is Within...
0
Craig Alan

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 113
Reply with quote  #13 
I may be able to make it as well.

-C
0
Chi Han

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,084
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigimar
Chi Han will post the Zoom link close to the appointed time (he already said the session will be at 2pm PST Saturday so expect the link to be posted on Friday or early Saturday morning; depending on your time zone this could be as late as Saturday morning-evening to Early Sunday if you are around Chi Han's time zone in Australia), so you need to be checking this post and whenever he writes it, just follow it and you'll be there. Remember that you need to have the Zoom client software on your computer/cell phone/tablet in order to join the session. If you don't have it already, you can install it before the Saturday Session so you don't waste time getting it while the session is already taking place. 

Here's the link to get the software...

https://zoom.us/download





Exactly what Luis said!  Thanks man.  Hoping to see you there, you're always a blast to jam with!
0
luvisi

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 139
Reply with quote  #15 
If you will all forgive me for being a little bit pedantic, we are currently on PDT on the US west coast, not PST. PST is UTC-8. PDT is UTC-7.

It occurs to me that this difference might matter to people performing time zone calculations.

Andru
0
Lee Lee

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvisi
If you will all forgive me for being a little bit pedantic, we are currently on PDT on the US west coast, not PST. PST is UTC-8. PDT is UTC-7.

It occurs to me that this difference might matter to people performing time zone calculations.

Andru


Than...what is the exactly correct time the session held?
0
Chi Han

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,084
Reply with quote  #17 
Sorry, whatever it is normally. I'm going to jump on 7am Melbourne Australia time on Sunday which I think is 2pm pst, and hang out for about 4 hours
0
chris w

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 642
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Lee


Than...what is the exactly correct time the session held?


Lee Lee, I usually Google "current time in [city located in time zone I'm basing things off of]" and compare that to my own current time, then figure what the adjustment is based on that. In this case, you'd be Googling "current time in Los Angeles" and comparing that to your own current time, then using the difference to figure out when 2 PM Pacific Time on Saturday is for you.
0
Lee Lee

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Han
Sorry, whatever it is normally. I'm going to jump on 7am Melbourne Australia time on Sunday which I think is 2pm pst, and hang out for about 4 hours


Okay, 2pm PST Saturday
0
luvisi

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 139
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Lee


Okay, 2pm PST Saturday


According to Google, Melbourne Australia is UTC+10.

7AM - 2PM = 17 Hours

10 + 7 = 17.

Therefore, we are talking about UTC-7, which is Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), not Pacific Standard Time (PST) which is UTC-8, because we are currently on daylight savings time.

2:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).

Andru
0
luigimar

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,605
Reply with quote  #21 
Less than an hour for the appointed time. Chi Han will send the link soon...
__________________
Luigimar
Magic is Within...
0
Chi Han

Honored Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,084
Reply with quote  #22 
Link for session: Finished after 4 and a half hours.  Thanks so much Gracie, Andru, Luis and Lee!  
0
luigimar

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,605
Reply with quote  #23 
Great session with Chi Han, Andrew Luvisi, Gracie Morgan, Lee Lee, Gareth, Wayne and others than came for a while. This one went on for more than 4 hours. I'm sorry I was a little late but I was having lunch and I joined as soon as I finished. A lot of magic was shown and shared, some technical stuff was also shared and in general... WOW! 

Thanks guys!



__________________
Luigimar
Magic is Within...
0
luigimar

Avatar / Picture

Honored Member - Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 1,605
Reply with quote  #24 
And for next week we'll have The Meir Yedid lecture... don't miss it!



__________________
Luigimar
Magic is Within...
0
Lee Lee

Avatar / Picture

Inner Circle
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #25 
It was fun! Thank you everyone!!
0
GreggBritton

Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #26 
Yes - it was a great Saturday session.   The first three hours were fun, but then I had to step away.  Looking forward to future sessions and of course Meir Yedid next weekend.  
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.